Some current projects
Rehearsals are underway for four performances of Come, Rock his Cradle at Grace Church Cathedral, Charleston, South Carolina, USA in December 2019.
Their Director of Music writes: “My young Choristers starting preparing ‘Come, rock’ last night and I have been enjoying becoming more familiar with the music this morning in prep for the adult rehearsal tomorrow. It’s such a wonderful carol – a beautiful melody, wonderful, subtle and lush harmonies for each verse that reflect the text, to complete a really well and very cleverly crafted carol. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to sing it this year. People will love it!! ”
There is always something brewing in my mind. Ongoing work includes:
- Completing my 24 sets of Songs without Words … or will it be 48 sets?
- A new song cycle
- An operatic project
- Composing pieces for solo instruments, particularly viola, flute and violin
Current and recent commissions:
- Composing and arranging choral pieces and Christmas carols for choirs in the USA and Canada
- A piece for full orchestra in celebration of a special event
- Several songs written for an operatic tenor colleague and friend
- A piece for bandoneon
- Arrangements of hymns and anthems and also specially written pieces for my current choir